Thread: PeaZip 1.8 is here...

Thanks
    ...well, almost.
    Due to a problem in SourceForge website uploads are blocked, so I published PeaZip 1.8 on my website for now, until uploads on SourceForge will be active again.
    http://giorgiotani.interfree.it/peazip.html

Most notable updates are:
    - added read support for ACE archives;
    - migrated the 7z frontend to the newer 7z/p7zip release, 4.47, which supports AES encrypted ZIP archives (WinZip AE1 and 2 standard, as in WinZip >= 9), can archive files open for writing and has faster (and multithreaded) Deflate and Deflate64;
    - new look for the graphic wrapper;
    - transparence effect disabled by default (but can be used as usual if you like it);
    - added a function to generate 4-64 character random passwords and a function to halt computer after the job completition;
    - a lot of Linux related improvements: now desktop environment is autodetected and consequently PeaZip is able to open files/dirs/URLs using desktop-specific calls in KDE and Gnome; some GUI events misbehaving in different distros are fixed; RPM and tgz installers now authomatically create program's icon and entries (.desktop files).

I like this new release, I'm quite satisfied of it, even if I know a lot of work has still to be done i.e. UTF8 supports is lacking at IDE level, so I hope in future Lazarus will fully support it; drag and drop from/to the application's forms are not jet implemented; there are some other ideas I would like to implement etc...

Thanks
    Thanks Giorgio!

Thanks
    Ok, now all should be fine with SourceForge!
    http://peazip.sourceforge.net/
    However I'll make the announce on SourceForge news only monday in order to be able to further test if all was published correctly and also to wait a little to see if all will continue to go on fine with the site.

Tester
    Thanks
    Good Job Giorgio! Ciao!