Thread: Missing options

I miss:

-Multiple file selection
    -Recurse folders
    -Unpacker Console Mode
    -SFX

Thanks
    I know about this features - many users request the same...
    But my main interests are data compression and algorithms development. Since this program was built completely on my enthusiasm other non-compression related stuff is not so important for myself. The PIMPLE is an experiment - it is an experimental file compressor with GUI. Furthermore, all requested features can be covered by TAR. (As the example using 7-Zip)

In addition, development of PIMPLE is halted, at least temporarily. Since the base algorithm have some disadvanatages for using in practice:
    + Slow speed
    + Decompression speed is about the same as compression
    + Memory requierements (not mandatory - user can reduce memory usage to 4 MB)
    + Unpredictible results - i.e. PIMPLE with Normal preset can compress better than with Extreme preset, as the example.

So, now I'm thinking about some new LZ-based compressor. Probably, new LZPXJ in practice is testament for PIMPLE (Look at Squeeze chart).
    Advantages of LZ-coders:
    + Basically, these coders better compresses mixed-types (like game resources, executables, set of different files) of data than any PPM-based ones.
    + Super-fast decompression speed. This is the main advantage - decompression speed is much faster than compression.

hello

pimple is quite usable being times faster than matt's paq, however what i'd like to see is a console only version of pimple, this would make testing so much easier.

thanks for the program, very good work

regards

Thanks
    Hint:
    PIMPLE 1.43 beta have some kind of console mode. Run PIMPLE from console with special parameters. Examples:

To compress 'test.dat' to 'test.pim' using Fastest preset:
    pimple.exe -process -fastest test.dat

To compress 'test.dat' to 'test.pim' using Extreme preset:
    pimple.exe -process -extreme test.dat

To compress 'test.dat' to 'test.pim' using last applied settings:
    pimple.exe -process test.dat

To decompress 'test.pim' to 'test.dat':
    pimple.exe -process test.pim