Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PerfectCompress, a new file compression software.

Thanks

PerfectCompress, a new file compression software.

Hello all. I have recently developed a File/Archive compression software. It is called PerfectCompress. This software is able to compress files to over 35 formats including ZIP, 7z, PAQ, ZPAQ, RZM, Flashzip, Rings, Hook, PACKET, BZP and a lot more formats. The software also features a format that is a combination of PAQ and 7z which I call UCA ("ULTRA Compressed Archive" or for a longer name "ULTimate peRfect space sAver Compressed Archive"). The software is also able to extract all of the mentioned compression formats.

Why I have created the UCA format? Well, basically, it is not a new format, but rather a PAQ compressed file compressed again in 7z, so it is PAQ + 7z. The advantage of using UCA is that when using PAQ, you must use the same version to extract it, but UCA writes a file to the 7z archive which tells the software what version of PAQ was used for compression so it can use the same for the extraction. As of version 3.10, it is possible to use RZM as main compression engine for those who wants speed rather than compression.

PerfectCompress includes an extraordinary feature called Store-On-Disc, which, as the name suggests, allows you to compress files to a DVD-RAM/-RW/+RW disc. The drawback of this is that to be able to use this feature, you will need to have Windows Vista or Windows 7. Store-On-Disc only compresses files to UCA format. Also, it allows you to copy already compressed archives from the DVD to PC (PC to DVD feature has been removed since you can just copy the .uca files into a Thumb Drive, Hard Disk Drive or other Removable Media). For those logger lovers, the Store-On-Disc feature has a logging system which tracks everything the program does (Compress, Extract, Copy, Delete, etc.).

To explain all of the above in simple words: This is a great software and a GUI for ZIP, 7z, PAQ, ZPAQ, RZM and the new UCA, as of version 5.0, Flashzip, Rings, Hook, PACKET, BZP are supported, and as of version 6.0, LPAQ, FPAQ, FLZP, zpipe, BCM, BBB, QUAD, THOR, BALZ, and LPQ are supported. The software has a lot of great features in it, so I recommend everyone that download this software and start using it now. And as of Version 4.2, the software is a single executable.

System Requirements:
    -Windows Vista or Windows 7 (Windows XP Supported with some compatibility problems with it. (Store-On-Disc feature needs Windows Vista or Windows 7)
    -.NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (Version 6.0 may work with .NET 3.0)
    -at least 1GB of RAM (for normal compression, or 2.5GB of RAM for PAQ -8 compression level)
    -a fast processor (for PAQ compression. I use Inter Core 2 Duo 1.83Ghz.)

Download link:
    [EDIT] The latest download link for both stable and unstable of the latest version can be found in my latest post.
    Alternatively, you can download the latest stable version from my site and also the U3 version at:
    http://moises-studios.110mb.com/perf...s/default.html

http://moises-studios.110mb.com/perfectcompress

To run the software (as of Version 4.2), just double click on the downloaded file. The software should run.

I Hope you like the software.
    Please give feedback. Thanks!

-------------------------------
    Software Updates note: The latest version of the software can be found on my last post. (Latest version is 6.05)
    Last edited by moisesmcardona; 16th April 2011 at 23:48. Reason: Updated information

Thanks
    Uhm.

I should say, although the idea is common, the implementation (as shown in the sfx archive) is quite weird. Or is it just me? I don't know.

Welcome to the forum tho. Perhaps you'll get some more useful info on how to improve what you've already achieved.

Thanks
    PAQ is damn slow.
    why not use sometihng faster lige rzm.

i do kinda the same thing as you i just do it manually. i compress with 7-zip,winrar, nanozip or rzm (with and without rep and delta) use the smallest file and put it inside a 7-zip archieve including the propper decompresser and a batch file.

i might use a lot of time on compression (brute forcing the different rep and delta compression. testing 7.vs winrar etc) biut i still have a fast decompression.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SvenBent View Post
    PAQ is damn slow.
    why not use sometihng faster lige rzm.

i do kinda the same thing as you i just do it manually. i compress with 7-zip,winrar, nanozip or rzm (with and without rep and delta) use the smallest file and put it inside a 7-zip archieve including the propper decompresser and a batch file.

i might use a lot of time on compression (brute forcing the different rep and delta compression. testing 7.vs winrar etc) biut i still have a fast decompression.
    Thank you for your feedback!
    I have considered this and decided to include rzm on the program. I'm working with it right now. Expect a new release soon!

I will add the following:
    -Compress files to rzm only.
    -Compress files to rzm and then to 7z.

Thanks
    Version 3.10 Released

This version adds
    -support for compression and extraction of the RZM format
    -can select to use PAQ or RZM as the main compression engine for UCA (as SvenBent suggested)
    -Fixed bugs in compression and extraction windows. The program should now delete temporary created files for compress and extract.

NOTE: Download of this version is no longer available. Please download the latest PerfectCompress version at:
    http://moises-studios.110mb.com/perf...s/default.html

Please give feedback of this version! Thank You!
    I Hope you like this version!
    Last edited by moisesmcardona; 2nd June 2010 at 03:40.

Thanks

Thumbs up

Thanks moisesmcardona!

Thanks
    New Release! Version 3.15 is here.

This new release has the following features:
    -Scripts (.vbs) have been rewritten in AutoIt language and exported to .exe files to improve compatibility
    -New Website browser designed to browse my website and this forum topic
    -Added PAQ8PX v60 (Compression and Extraction)
    -Added UCA v14 (Paq8px v60) (Compression and Extraction)
    -Can display your operating system name, your total installed memory and the available free memory

Download it at the following link:
    http://www.mybloop.com/moisesmcardon...mpressV315_exe

I hope you like this version as much as I like it.
    -----------
    Off-Topic: My website seems to be online again after a fatal Hard Disk Crash:
    visit my site at: http://moises-studios.110mb.com

Thanks
    Installation went OK, but when I try to start "PerfectCompress.exe", I get an error : "program has to close due error" (or similar).
    (all previous versions gave also this error )

My system :
    Win Vista SP1 including all patches/updates (no SP2 installed yet)
    .NET Framew 3.5 is installed
    Intel C2 E6600 Q-core
    Logged on as "Admin"

Other programs that require .NET 3.5 are running OK, so I suppose that's not the problem...

Any ideas ?

Thanks
    I don't know your problem.
    Do you have .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 installed? I don't know if this may be the problem but really really I don't know why the error happens.

if you don't have .NET 3.5 SP1 installed download it here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...9-81da479ab0d7

If it works with the NET 3.5 SP1 I will post an update with this requirement.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pat357 View Post
    Installation went OK, but when I try to start "PerfectCompress.exe", I get an error : "program has to close due error" (or similar).
    (all previous versions gave also this error )

My system :
    Win Vista SP1 including all patches/updates (no SP2 installed yet)
    .NET Framew 3.5 is installed
    Intel C2 E6600 Q-core
    Logged on as "Admin"

Other programs that require .NET 3.5 are running OK, so I suppose that's not the problem...

Any ideas ?
    I figured out the problem. It seems that Windows cannot found a DLL required to load the program. I figured out this and that missing DLL is the Visual Basic 2008 Power Packs 3.0. I'm going to test this on a Windows XP Virtual machine and if the dll was the case, I will post an updated version of the software including the missing DLL.

I'm very Sorry
    For any user that has Visual Basic/Studio 2008 with SP1 installed, the program may launch without problems at all, since the Visual Basic PowerPack DLL is included in the VS2008 SP1.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by moisesmcardona View Post
    I figured out the problem. It seems that Windows cannot found a DLL required to load the program. I figured out this and that missing DLL is the Visual Basic 2008 Power Packs 3.0. I'm going to test this on a Windows XP Virtual machine and if the dll was the case, I will post an updated version of the software including the missing DLL.

I'm very Sorry
    For any user that has Visual Basic/Studio 2008 with SP1 installed, the program may launch without problems at all, since the Visual Basic PowerPack DLL is included in the VS2008 SP1.
    I installed both Visual Basic 2008 Power Packs 3.0 and .NET 3.5 SP1, but still no avail : "perfectcompress.exe" stil crashes when trying to start it.

Any ideas ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pat357 View Post
    I installed both Visual Basic 2008 Power Packs 3.0 and .NET 3.5 SP1, but still no avail : "perfectcompress.exe" stil crashes when trying to start it.

Any ideas ?
    Visual Basic PowerPacks 3.0 will not resolve this problem. It is just a DLL file that needs to be there. Actually, If you have Visual Studio with SP1 you will not have the problem since it is has all the DLLs installed and configured. I tested this in a Windows XP with all .NET and it did not run, and after reading some comments I found that it is a dll named Microsoft.Visualbasic.PowerPacks.Vs that is required for the software to run. This DLL is missing on the software so that is why the software cannot run.

Today, I tested the software on a Compaq EVO N620c with Windows XP SP3 with 256MB RAM and just the .NET Framework 2.0. I copied the required DLL to the software and it did run. I will post the software with the DLL later as I will reinstall Windows in my main computer.

NOTE: The software with the DLL is 30MB in size. The software only is 6MB so that is a huge increase in size.

EDIT: Tested the program on another computer (Compaq nc6400) with and without the Visual Basic PowerPacks DLL and the results are:

Without the Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks.Vs:
    PerfectCompress.exe has encountered an error and needs to close.

With the Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks.Vs:
    The program loads.

I will work on another update and will post it once I finish it. However, I have uploaded the DLL file. Download the ZIP file, open it and extract the DLL file to PerfectCompress Folder. This should make possible to load the software.
    --------------------------
    Some things I have in mind for my next version are:
    -Various fixes for PerfectCompress Store-On-Disc edition
    -Add PerfectCompress Simple edition (discontinued product. Compress files to UCA very old version (version 0.1beta) but works.)
    -Add support for UCA version 0.1beta for extraction ONLY
    -Use a better installer instead of WinRAR SFX (I used Advanced Installer to make the installers)

Please note that some features may not be included in the next versions. That is just a list of what I would like to add to my software.

Once again, download the file, and extract the dll file to the PerfectCompress Folder.

I hope this fix your problems with loading the software.
    Last edited by moisesmcardona; 8th November 2009 at 01:08.

Thanks
    Hello All, I have been working on an update (which I consider an upgrade) over all of these days. Right now, I am rewriting the compression part of the software. Here are some great features and changes for the software.

NEW FEATURES:
    1. Can select to load PerfectCompress Simple Edition or PerfectCompress Ultimate Edition
    2. Can select compression method for ZIP and 7Z (LZMA, LZMA2, BZip2, etc)

CHANGES:
    1. No longer command Prompt launched. A RichTextBox has been added to display Command Prompt messages
    2. Progress indicator added (no progress bar)
    3. no longer AutoIt Scripts (.exe softwares with the A) are needed. They are integrated on the software

BUG FIXES:
    1. Store-On-Disc formatting now copies the Visual Basic PowerPack DLL to the disc. Whithout this, the software will not launch

Thanks
    What about ability for automatically precompressing files with precomp (http://schnaader.info/precomp.html)?

Thanks
    Ok. I will add
    -precomp
    -lprepaq
    -prepaq

and I will also add an option to precompress and to compress to PAQ8PX and ZPAQ.

Thanks
    Ok. I will add
    -precomp
    -lprepaq
    -prepaq

and I will also add an option to precompress and to compress to PAQ8PX and ZPAQ.
    I think adding lprepaq and prepaq will be just waste of time for you because you're planning to add precompress'n'compress to more powerfull PAQ8px. From my point of view it will be much better if you will add PreComp as additional and optional option for all supported compression algorithms.

Thanks
    OK. I have changed my mind. Precompression will be available in a totally separated option. That means that you will have to precompress files first and then compress the file. The same goes for extraction. You will have to extract the file first, then recompress the file.

I will plan to release a beta of the software later. Right now I am rewritting the compression and extraction code of the software. As I mentioned before, the Command Prompt is no longer showed, instead, a RichTextBox displays the compression progress. For extraction. I have also rewritten the code so that the software will no longer create those .bat files. That gave me a lot of problems like "the file is in use in another process" and that sort of errors. Now there is no .bat creation.

For Windows XP Users READ THIS:

This software may no longer work on Windows XP because when you are going to compress a file, it will ask for the "data" folder on the location where the compressed file will go. for example, if you compress a file to an 80GB Hard Disk Drive that has the letter G:\ and you are going to compress the file to a folder named "Compressed files", the software will look the folder in G:\Data and will produce an error. The error is something like this: "could not locate directory G:\Data\...". I have no idea of why this happens as the software is programmed to look for the folder in the same folder where the software is. There is no problems on Windows 7 RC. I will perform tests in Windows Vista to see if it gives the same error.

Thanks

Version 4.0 BETA

Hello all. I have finally made available PerfectCompress V4.0 Beta. This is supposed to be the stable release, however, maybe you find bugs on the software and that is why this is "beta". At least I have not found any bug on this but as I said, maybe you can find bugs on this.

Well, here is the changelog of the software:
    PerfectCompress Ultimate Edition ChangeLog:
    +NEW FEATURE: Added support for extraction of the very first UCA Version Release. If you downloaded previously PerfectCompress Simple Edition, this software will extract it too.
    +NEW FEATURE: Can select either to launch PerfectCompress Simple Edition* or PerfectCompress Ultimate Edition.
    +NEW FEATURE: Added ZIP and 7z Compression Method
    +NEW FEATURE: Can Compress ZIP Deflate, Deflate64, BZip2, LZMA
    +NEW FEATURE: Can Compress 7z LZMA, LZMA2, PPMd, BZip2
    +NEW FEATURE: Files can be precompressed and recompressed (.pcf format only).
    +CHANGE: No longer launch CMD for compression (In extraction, it will still show).
    +CHANGE: Instead of CMD, the programs process is displayed on a RichTextBox.
    +CHANGE: Also, the program can now display the current progress.
    +CHANGE: Because of all changes to the program, Compression and Extraction have been rewritten.
    +CHANGE: For those who dont like the new compression method of no CMD, they can select to open CMD as always have been.
    +CHANGE: ExtractHelper.exe is no longer needed
    +CHANGE: Removed "compare" feature.
    +CHANGE: Removed compression Support for PAQ8PX v42 to PAQ8PX v58. Instead, PAQ8PX v60 is used.**
    +CHANGE: Removed compression Support for UCA v1 to UCA v13. Instead, UCA v14 is used.**
    +CHANGE: AutoIt Scripts (EXE Files with the A in the circle) no longer needed
    +CHANGE: Reduced PAQ Compression code from 8 times (the 8 compression levels) to 1 time (level is readed from file)
    +CHANGE: Reduced ZPAQ Compression code from 3 times (cmin. cmid and cmax.cfg) to 1 time (level is readed from file)
    +CHANGE: Reduced UCA Compression code from 8 times (the 8 compression levels) to 1 time (level is readed from file)
    +ADDED: added code to PerfectCompress Formatting to copy all DLL required for the program to work.
    *PerfectCompress Simple Edition is no longer in development, which means no support for new UCA standards or version, and also means any request regarding the Simple Edition will be totally ignored.
    **Extraction for PAQ8PX v42 to latest and UCA v1 to latest is still supported

PerfectCompress Simple Edition ChangeLog:
    Version 4.0
    -Changed Version number to match PerfectCompress Ultimate product. No code is changed in this version.
    -Renamed UCA Version 1 specification to UCA Part 0.9 specification.
    -Added Default compression level.
    THIS PRODUCT IS DISCONTINUED. PLEASE USE PERFECTCOMPRESS ULTIMATE EDITION FOR PERFECT COMPRESSION AND THE LESS BUGS POSSIBLE.

PerfectCompress Store-On-Disc ChangeLog:
    v4.00
    -Rewritted Compression and Extraction code to not write .bat files
    -Removed "Copy from PC to DVD" option
    -Since the "Copy from PC to DVD" has been removed, a lot of code has been removed
    -ExtractHelperOnDisc and its other components no longer needed as it has been integrated.
    -Changed version to match PerfectCompress Ultimate Edition.

Here is the download link:
    http://in.solit.us/archives/dcode/4712668133
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Link is broken. Please download from below post. Thank you

NOTE: If you previously used Store-On-Disc, please copy all UCA Compressed files from DVD to PC since they will be not compatible with Version 4.0 and resulting in data loss. After you copy UCA files from DVD to PC, please format your DVD-RAM/-RW/+RW to make sure you have the latest version installed.

NOTE: For PerfectCompress Ultimate Edition: Please install the software in the "Program Files" Folder (the default folder).
    If you found bugs on this release notify me.
    I hope you like this version as much as I do.
    Last edited by moisesmcardona; 28th July 2009 at 23:36.

Thanks
    Well, a user today sent me a PM telling me that he could not download the software from the link above. I'm very sorry. However, I have uploaded the software to another host and here is the new link:
    http://www.binfire.com/rc6/index.php...k&id=73271:1:1

Hope you like the software.

Thanks
    -.NET Framework 3.5 SP1
    No way to use 2.0 ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
    No way to use 2.0 ?
    The software may work on .NET 2.0 as I included all of the DLLs required for the program to work. However, you may run into problems. Also, if you plan to buy Windows 7, you will not need any .NET version since all .NET are integrated. I developed the software on Windows 7 RC (and I still develop it on Windows 7).

Thanks

Workaround for Windows XP Users.

Remember that in my previous posts I posted a note that Windows XP will not be compatible with the software?

For Windows XP Users READ THIS:

This software may no longer work on Windows XP because when you are going to compress a file, it will ask for the "data" folder on the location where the compressed file will go. for example, if you compress a file to an 80GB Hard Disk Drive that has the letter G:\ and you are going to compress the file to a folder named "Compressed files", the software will look the folder in G:\Data and will produce an error. The error is something like this: "could not locate directory G:\Data\...". I have no idea of why this happens as the software is programmed to look for the folder in the same folder where the software is. There is no problems on Windows 7 RC. I will perform tests in Windows Vista to see if it gives the same error.
    I think I founda workaround for this.
    The solution is instead of using the following command:
    Code:
    My.Computer.FileSystem.ReadAllText("Data\File.pcsf")
    The following will be the Correct line for XP Users:
    Code:
    My.Computer.FileSystem.ReadAllText("C:\Program Files\PerfectCompress\Data\File.pcsf")
    However. Using this code means that Dual-Boot users will not be able to use the software if their drive letter is not C:\. Also, another bad point of this method is that users will have to obligatory install the software on C:\Program Files\PerfectCompress (The default Installation folder).

Well, Since this seems to be a perfect Workaround, I myself have not tested the software on Windows XP (I have to install VMWare and copy my Virtual Windows XP Image.). If this method works, I will post the updated software (Version 4.1)

Thanks
    why you don't use Environment variables ?
    For example %ProgramFiles%
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environment_variable

Thanks
    why you don't use Environment variables ?
    For example %ProgramFiles%
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environment_variable
    Thank you so much for this tip. With this, people with Dual-Boot systems will not have problems. I knew about this Environment Variable, but just did not came to my mind until this moment.

So the code would be:
    Code:
    My.Computer.FileSystem.ReadAllText("%ProgramFiles%\PerfectCompress\Data\File.pcsf")
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Here are a list of new features and fixes for the next release:
    -autorun.inf file added since it was missing.
    -Added protection code for the Store-On-Disc formatting option.
    -Added Windows XP Compatibility for Store-On-Disc (Windows XP Formats on FAT32)
    -Added EXTRAS to the software
    -The first EXTRA is Moises-Studios Digital Audio. A software for compressing and obviously decompressing RZM compressed Audio Files.
    -Possible Fix for Windows XP Users
    -Added Windows XP Compatibility so if you run into "File not found" or "directory not found" exceptions (or other exception), select the "Windows XP Compatibility" available on Compression and Extraction.
    -Fixed ZPAQ Compression message. It said "File/Folder compressed ZPAQ at minimum compression". It has been fixed.
    Last edited by moisesmcardona; 31st July 2009 at 00:47.

Thanks
    So the code would be:
    Code:
    My.Computer.FileSystem.ReadAllText("%ProgramFiles%\PerfectCompress\Data\File.pcsf")
    I just tested this method and it does not work. So I will use the old method

Code:
    My.Computer.FileSystem.ReadAllText("C:\Program Files\PerfectCompress\Data\File.pcsf")

Thanks

Version 4.1 Released

Hello all. I finally made possible Windows XP compatibility with a few exceptions.

Here are the exceptions of using the software on Windows XP:
    1. You must configure the compression settings first. Doing it later after selecting a file/folder will load an exception and the only way to configure settings is restarting the software.
    2. You may have an exception about some files, just ignore it. The software should work propertly
    3. If you accidentally closed the compression window, you must restart the software to be able to open it again
    4. The same applies for extraction. Only that it does not matter if you close it accidentally or not, it will not open. You have to restart software first.
    5. "Options" on this software does not work (not to confuse with "configure" available in the compression window.
    6. Store-On-Disc does not works even when formatting the disc with FAT32.
    7. UCA Compression works, but extraction does not, so don't use UCA if you use Windows XP and you don't have Vista or 7 for extraction purpose.
    8. The Drive Letter of windows XP must be C:\, or the software will not work.
    9. The installation folder must not be changed. Leave it to C:\Program Files\PerfectCompress
    10. I have done everything possible to fix all of the issues and bugs. However, I recommend using Windows Vista or Windows 7 if possible.

Now here is the changelog:
    -autorun.inf file added since it was missing on v4.0.
    -Added protection code for the Store-On-Disc formatting option.
    -Added FAT32 Format option on Store-On-Disc.
    -Added copy of VS Powerpack DLL to Root of DVD-RAM/-RW/+RW for Store-On-Disc.
    -Added EXTRAS to the software
    -The first EXTRA is Moises-Studios Digital Audio. A software for compressing and obviously decompressing RZM compressed Audio.
    -Possible Fix for Windows XP Users (Confirmed Working)
    -Added Windows XP Compatibility so if you run into "File not found" or "directory not found" exceptions (or other exception), select the "Windows XP Compatibility" available on Compression and Extraction. PLEASE DO NOT COMPRESS WITH UCA, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO EXTRACT THE UCA FILE.
    -Fixed ZPAQ Compression message. It said "File/Folder compressed ZPAQ at minimum compression". It has been fixed.
    -Fixed PAQ Extraction for PAQ8PX v47.
    -Fixed a bad setting for the Compression Window when UCA was selected as main compression.
    -Removed unnecesary lines from software

Download Link:
    http://www.binfire.com/rc6/index.php...k&id=74446:1:1

I will try to do the best possible to fix Windows XP bugs, especiallu the UCA extraction.
    Hope you like this version.
    Give Feedback!

Thanks

Smile

Some suggestions:
    1) Change msi-installer to something else. Inno or NSIS, for example.
    Because this appears
    http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/5...compress41.png
    I have extracted PerfectCompress41.msi by UniExtractor and programm works.
    Not working executable - EH.exe

2) Portable Version:
    a) I think that portable app needs only 3 executables in root PerfectCompress directory - PerfectCompressLauncher.exe , PerfectCompress.exe and PerfectCompressSE.exe
    Because user will be muddled which executable he need to run.
    b) Separate folder for compressors and its dlls. And other folder for dialogs and help executables.

3) Remove all *.pdb files from package (now ~800 Kilobytes)

My systems is WinXP SP2 Pro and WinXP SP3 Pro
    .NET framework 2.0

Sorry for my English
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Surfer; 31st July 2009 at 18:27.

Thanks
    Some suggestions:
    1) Change msi-installer to something else. Inno or NSIS, for example.
    Because this appears
    http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/5...compress41.png
    I have extracted PerfectCompress41.msi by UniExtractor and programm works.
    Not working executable - EH.exe

2) Portable Version:
    a) I think that portable app needs only 3 executables in root PerfectCompress directory - PerfectCompressLauncher.exe , PerfectCompress.exe and PerfectCompressSE.exe
    Because user will be muddled which executable he need to run.
    b) Separate folder for compressors and its dlls. And other folder for dialogs and help executables.

3) Remove all *.pdb files from package (now ~800 Kilobytes)

My systems is WinXP SP2 Pro and WinXP SP3 Pro
    .NET framework 2.0

Sorry for my English
    1) That is my fault, I had the .NET 3.5 as a prerequisite for installing. I will replace this prerequisite with .NET 2.0 as it seems to work on all the PCs I tested. Also, since you mentioned you have WinXP SP2, I will downgrade the prerequisite from SP3 to SP2.

2)
    a) You're right. The software is only 3 executables, however, the software will not run on Windows XP with a portable version since it will not look for required files on the folder where the software is, and that is why I added Windows XP Compatibility, but it looks for the software and components on C:\Program Files\PerfectCompress since the %ProgramFiles% did not work (neither in Windows 7).
    b) I had plans to place every compressors and DLLs on separated folder, however, there is one exception. The software needs the Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPack.Vs.dll on the root folder so the program loads. This is because the program uses the LineShape component which is a PowerPack and it requires this DLL on the same path as the executable.

3) I will delete them on the next version.

PerfectCompress Simple Edition uses EH.exe and CF.exe. I will try to update this software too (but it may not work on Windows XP, sorry).
    Thanks for your suggestions.

Thanks

Arrow PerfectCompress v4.2 Released!

Hello all. I have been working on Version 4.2 of the software and this version fixes some bugs related to compression with Windows XP and this version also fixed compression and extraction to UCA in Windows XP.

Changelog:
    -Another possible Windows XP Fix (This time with UCA support!).
    -Added Store-On-Disc Full Format option
    -Fixed Windows XP Compatibility. A Problem prevented softwares from running.
    -Fixed a file erasing bug.

To use Windows XP in this version you need to browse the "Data" Folder on the Main Window. Then, you should be able to compress and extract files normally, but since you are using Windows XP, you may run on program exception errors that are resolved by restarting the software.

Here is the download link:
    http://www.binfire.com/rc6/index.php...k&id=76631:1:1

NOTE: There is no more installer. From now on, all my versions will not be installers or autoextract archives. They will be a single .exe file which is the entire software (Yes, the software is a single .exe with every component and compressors in it).

ANOTHER NOTE: Something I have to correct for a next version. If you select a default program (PerfectCompress Simple Edition or PerfectCompress Ultimate Edition), you must delete the file "Default.pcl" in order for the software selection window appears again just in case you like to use another version. The note on the software says that if you want to reset the default software that you go to Start Menu, PerfectCompress then Reset Default Program, but since I just made the software a single executable, this setting is stored on the "Default.pcl" file. So delete it if you want to select another version of PerfectCompress.
    Last edited by moisesmcardona; 7th August 2009 at 05:17.

Thanks

Here is the download link

53.6 Mb ? OMFG.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast