Thread: tor-small compile for Ubuntu 32-bit Linux

Thanks

tor-small compile for Ubuntu 32-bit Linux

I'm looking for a tor-small 04a version what can be use under Ubuntu 32-bit Linux.

Maybe somebody can compile a version, sources:
    http://www.haskell.org/bz/tornado04a.zip

I appreciate any help,

Sportman

Thanks
    Probably you will want to look at Tornado v0.5 Alpha
    According to this thread there was a lot of pleasant improvements since v0.4a
    By the way, there are already available Linux compiles in these archives or (as I understood) there is an incompatibility between different Linux versions for some particular compile ? Sorry for possible dumb question but I'm currently not the Linux user. Anyway, I'm hope it will help.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Skymmer View Post
    Probably you will want to look at Tornado v0.5 Alpha
    According to this thread there was a lot of pleasant improvements since v0.4a
    By the way, there are already available Linux compiles in these archives or (as I understood) there is an incompatibility between different Linux versions for some particular compile ? Sorry for possible dumb question but I'm currently not the Linux user. Anyway, I'm hope it will help.
    Thanks, yes you are right a working Linux compile is in. I couldn’t see it under WinRAR archive content listing where the two Linux files are showed as folders but unpacked they are there. I tried 7-Zip what show the archive content listing the same as WinRar when unpacked. So it looks like WinRar has a bug showing files without extension as folder but with file size.

I did some quick test with Tornado 0.5 but the old -6 looks like disappeared the new -6 compress better but is slower, I need to do more tests.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportman View Post
    I couldn?t see it under WinRAR archive content listing where the two Linux files are showed as folders but unpacked they are there...
    So it looks like WinRar has a bug showing files without extension as folder but with file size...
    Strange. Are you sure? Everything looks fine for me with my WinRAR v3.80

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Skymmer View Post
    Strange. Are you sure? Everything looks fine for me with my WinRAR v3.80
    Yes I'm sure it is in WinRAR v3.90 beta 3 and also in WinRAR beta 2 what I used before.

I just installed WinRAR v3.80 and WinRAR v3.90 beta 1 and there it's ok, so it looks like the bug is introduced since WinRAR v3.90 beta 2.

Thanks
    You're right. I'm just tested v3.90b3 and the problem described by you is really in. So who's gonna be a bug reporter? Let's roll the dice on it...

Kamano - Magano - IN-DZI-KO !!! What you have? Stone, paper or scissors ?

Thanks

This problem could go away if you uninstall WinRAR completely (in the registry as well),
    and re-install WinRAR 3.90 beta3.
    I have done that earlier, because of another issue with 3.90beta2, and on this system content of
    the tornado.zip shows up ok: 5 files, source folder with 18 files, linux folder with tor file.
    -windows xp professional, service pack 3 (5.1.2600)-

Thanks
    No no no. Probably we're talking about different things. The tornado.zip file looks fine in both 3.80 and 3.90b3 I've tested but tornado04a.zip provides bug described by Sportman. v3.90b3 shows linux compiles as directories even if make a complete reinstall.

Thanks

Ok, thanks Skymmer for clearing that up. I guess most will know already what the course of action has to be, when a bug pops up in WinRAR .
    (as custom settings go down the drain with re-install, it can be handy to make a toolbar screenshot before)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallon View Post
    Ok, thanks Skymmer for clearing that up. I guess most will know already what the course of action has to be, when a bug pops up in WinRAR .
    Ehhhmm.... I have quite bad knowledge of English so I didn't completely understood the emotional sense of your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallon View Post
    (as custom settings go down the drain with re-install, it can be handy to make a toolbar screenshot before)
    Hmmm... Why they should go down the drain? Using the "Options -> Import/Export -> Export settings to file" action from menu you can always backup your settings. Or you can just backup the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\WinRAR branch manually.

Thanks

Yes, the settings.reg works fine now, also for the toolbar. You are very right to point this out. I should have mentioned it, especially since I back it up with each WinRAR version for as long as I can remember. My last 'settings.reg' got lost some months ago and I have been lazy. Just now, I have put two versions on my new usb-stick again.

For me, a nice thing about 'settings.reg' is that it backs up the profiles with password phrases.
    Together with the option in latest WinRAR versions to add profiles to the RightClickMenu, it makes encryption easier to handle.
    It doesn't matter anymore if the password is a long safe phrase, because you don't need to re-type it.

The thing to top this, would be the option to activate such a profile for extraction (perhaps by typing the passphrase again -once- in some dialog). Then encryption in WinRAR could be used on the fly. Which would be near to perfect imo.

As for the emotional sense of my earlier post, I typed something, or my dog when I fetched coffee, really Skymmer, there is no need to think twice about it.