Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 67

Thread: Fp8sk

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    indonesia
    Posts
    381
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 75 Times in 58 Posts

    Fp8sk

    this is based on fp8v6 with small improvement
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. Thanks:

    moisesmcardona (11th July 2020)

  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    indonesia
    Posts
    381
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 75 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by suryakandau@yahoo.co.id View Post
    this is based on fp8v6 with small improvement
    @sportman/Darek could you test it on GDCC public test set file (test 1,2,3,4) please ?

  4. #3
    Member Gotty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    564
    Thanks
    360
    Thanked 366 Times in 199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotty View Post
    Please don't forget to always include the source code. The licensing requires that.



  5. #4
    Member CompressMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Lovinobana, Slovakia
    Posts
    199
    Thanks
    58
    Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    @suryakandau@yahoo.co.id
    May I know WHY you posted new version in a separate thread AGAIN? If it´s an upgrade (new features, tweaked code etc.) IT WOULD BE FAR BETTER to have only one thread - Jan Ondrus started it.
    If you are disagree with my statement, consider an extreme case - we decided to make new thread for every new paq8px version. Result? Complicated navigation through many irrelevant threads.
    So please stop that, otherwise I report you to Shelwien.
    Please hit the "THANKS" button under my post if its useful for you.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    indonesia
    Posts
    381
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 75 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CompressMaster View Post
    @suryakandau@yahoo.co.id
    May I know WHY you posted new version in a separate thread AGAIN? If it´s an upgrade (new features, tweaked code etc.) IT WOULD BE FAR BETTER to have only one thread - Jan Ondrus started it.
    If you are disagree with my statement, consider an extreme case - we decided to make new thread for every new paq8px version. Result? Complicated navigation through many irrelevant threads.
    So please stop that, otherwise I report you to Shelwien.
    I agree with you but how about jan ondrus ? does he agree if i make some improvement on it ?

  7. #6
    Administrator Shelwien's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kharkov, Ukraine
    Posts
    3,982
    Thanks
    298
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 745 Posts
    @suryakandau:
    Don't mind him. In your case its better to make new threads.
    Or even better if you'd just use one thread for all of your clones of codecs.

    @CompressMaster:
    Do you really want *sk versions in main threads of these codecs?

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,026
    Thanks
    103
    Thanked 410 Times in 285 Posts
    TS40.txt:
    79,571,976 bytes, 2,152.885 sec., fp8sk1 -8

  9. Thanks:

    suryakandau@yahoo.co.id (5th July 2020)

  10. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    indonesia
    Posts
    381
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 75 Times in 58 Posts
    Fp8sk3
    using -8 option on mixed40.dat(GDCC public test set files) is
    Total 400000000 bytes compressed to 46685762 bytes.
    using -8 option on block40.dat(GDCC public test set file) is
    Total 399998976 bytes compressed to 61313849 bytes.
    here is the source code and executable files
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by suryakandau@yahoo.co.id; 5th July 2020 at 13:12.

  11. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    indonesia
    Posts
    381
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 75 Times in 58 Posts
    mixed40.dat using fp8sk3 -8
    Total 400000000 bytes compressed to 46685762 bytes.
    block40.dat using fp8sk3 -8
    Total 399998976 bytes compressed to 61313849 bytes.

  12. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    254
    Thanks
    144
    Thanked 52 Times in 39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by suryakandau@yahoo.co.id View Post
    Fp8sk3
    using -8 option on mixed40.dat(GDCC public test set files) is
    Total 400000000 bytes compressed to 46685762 bytes.
    using -8 option on block40.dat(GDCC public test set file) is
    Total 399998976 bytes compressed to 61313849 bytes.
    here is the source code and executable files
    The copyright year was removed from the executable.

  13. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    indonesia
    Posts
    381
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 75 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moisesmcardona View Post
    The copyright year was removed from the executable.
    I don't know which the exactly copyright year of this. Is it 2008 or 2018 ? I have written Matt Mahoney as a credit for him

  14. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    254
    Thanks
    144
    Thanked 52 Times in 39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by suryakandau@yahoo.co.id View Post
    I don't know which the exactly copyright year of this. Is it 2008 or 2018 ? I have written Matt Mahoney as a credit for him
    You put the current copyright year. See paq8px and paq8pxd.

  15. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    indonesia
    Posts
    381
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 75 Times in 58 Posts
    Fp8sk4
    - small improvement with tuning parameter
    Attached Files Attached Files

  16. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    254
    Thanks
    144
    Thanked 52 Times in 39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by suryakandau@yahoo.co.id View Post
    Fp8sk4
    - small improvement with tuning parameter
    Please remember to post the source code.

  17. Thanks:

    Gotty (7th July 2020)

  18. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    indonesia
    Posts
    381
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 75 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moisesmcardona View Post
    Please remember to post the source code.
    ​here is the source code
    Attached Files Attached Files

  19. Thanks:

    moisesmcardona (7th July 2020)

  20. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    254
    Thanks
    144
    Thanked 52 Times in 39 Posts
    Thanks. May I ask why you don't use a Source Control repository? Something like GitHub or Gitlab can be really convenient. We do this with paq8px and @kaitz does it with paq8pxd and paq8pxv.

  21. Thanks:

    Gotty (7th July 2020)

  22. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    indonesia
    Posts
    381
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 75 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moisesmcardona View Post
    Thanks. May I ask why you don't use a Source Control repository? Something like GitHub or Gitlab can be really convenient. We do this with paq8px and @kaitz does it with paq8pxd and paq8pxv.
    Thanx for your input. I will try it

  23. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    indonesia
    Posts
    381
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 75 Times in 58 Posts
    Fp8sk5
    -improve compression ratio
    better than fp8sk3 and fp8sk5
    using -8 option on mixed40.dat(GDCC public test set files) is
    Total 400000000 bytes compressed to 46612718 bytes.
    using -8 option on block40.dat(GDCC public test set file) is
    Total 399998976 bytes compressed to 61239095 bytes.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  24. Thanks (2):

    DZgas (7th July 2020),moisesmcardona (8th July 2020)

  25. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    indonesia
    Posts
    381
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 75 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by suryakandau@yahoo.co.id View Post
    Fp8sk5
    -improve compression ratio
    better than fp8sk3 and fp8sk5
    using -8 option on mixed40.dat(GDCC public test set files) is
    Total 400000000 bytes compressed to 46612718 bytes.
    using -8 option on block40.dat(GDCC public test set file) is
    Total 399998976 bytes compressed to 61239095 bytes.
    ​here is the source code
    Attached Files Attached Files

  26. Thanks:

    moisesmcardona (8th July 2020)

  27. #20
    Member DZgas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
    Hm...Compresses 0.4% stronger and 65% slower (compared to fp8v6). Good!

  28. Thanks:

    suryakandau@yahoo.co.id (7th July 2020)

  29. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    indonesia
    Posts
    381
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 75 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DZgas View Post
    Hm...Compresses 0.4% stronger and 65% slower (compared to fp8v6). Good!
    maybe this is the trade of between compression ratio and speed.

  30. #22
    Member DZgas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by suryakandau@yahoo.co.id View Post
    maybe this is the trade of between compression ratio and speed.
    Of course! But if you compress it +0.5% stronger it will be the level of paq8pxd (default type).
    Last edited by DZgas; 8th July 2020 at 01:57.

  31. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    indonesia
    Posts
    381
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 75 Times in 58 Posts
    Fp8sk9
    using -5 option on images40.dat (GDC competition public test set files):
    Total 399892087 bytes compressed to 163761538 bytes.

    here is the source code and the binary files

    Attached Files Attached Files

  32. Thanks (2):

    DZgas (9th July 2020),moisesmcardona (9th July 2020)

  33. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    254
    Thanks
    144
    Thanked 52 Times in 39 Posts
    Where is v6 to v8?

  34. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    indonesia
    Posts
    381
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 75 Times in 58 Posts

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by suryakandau@yahoo.co.id View Post
    Fp8sk9
    using -5 option on images40.dat (GDC competition public test set files):
    Total 399892087 bytes compressed to 163761538 bytes.

    here is the source code and the binary files

    using -8 option on mixed40.dat is
    Total 400000000 bytes compressed to 46246446 bytes.
    using -8 option on block40.dat:
    Total 399998976 bytes compressed to 61042053 bytes.
    ​v6-v8 is fail product

  35. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    indonesia
    Posts
    381
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 75 Times in 58 Posts
    using fp8sk9 -8 option on mixed40.dat is
    Total 400000000 bytes compressed to 46246446 bytes.
    using fp8sk9 -8 option on block40.dat:
    Total 399998976 bytes compressed to 61042053 bytes.

  36. #27
    Administrator Shelwien's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kharkov, Ukraine
    Posts
    3,982
    Thanks
    298
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 745 Posts
    Please don't post these in GDC discussion thread - its for contest discussion, not for benchmarks.
    Also fp8 doesn't seem fast enough even for the slowest category anyway, it has to be more than twice faster to fit.

  37. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    indonesia
    Posts
    381
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 75 Times in 58 Posts
    Fp8sk12
    -faster than previous version but worse compression ratio
    fp8sk12 -8 mixed40.dat is:
    Total 400000000 bytes compressed to 56415009 bytes.Time 3122.57 sec, used 1831298304 bytes of memory
    run under windows10 and intel core i5-3210M 2.5GHz and 16 Gb memory)
    if it run under Intel Socket 1151 Core i7-8700K (Coffee Lake, 3.7GHz, 6C12T, 95W TDP) how fast it could be ??
    Attached Files Attached Files

  38. Thanks:

    DZgas (12th July 2020)

  39. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    254
    Thanks
    144
    Thanked 52 Times in 39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by suryakandau@yahoo.co.id View Post
    Fp8sk12
    -faster than previous version but worse compression ratio
    fp8sk12 -8 mixed40.dat is:
    Total 400000000 bytes compressed to 56415009 bytes.Time 3122.57 sec, used 1831298304 bytes of memory
    run under windows10 and intel core i5-3210M 2.5GHz and 16 Gb memory)
    if it run under Intel Socket 1151 Core i7-8700K (Coffee Lake, 3.7GHz, 6C12T, 95W TDP) how fast it could be ??
    Source code.....

    (Could we ban him for violating the GPL rules?)

  40. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    indonesia
    Posts
    381
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 75 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moisesmcardona View Post
    Source code.....

    (Could we ban him for violating the GPL rules?)
    sorry for late post here is the source code
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •