Thread: I am looking for the most durable smartphone with FULL HD video

Thanks

I am looking for the most durable smartphone with FULL HD video

Hello,
    I am looking for the most durable (by durability, I mean material+buttons durability, not fall resistance or waterproofing) smartphone. Thing is, I actually own Lenovo a-2010 and I am unable to turn it off due broken button (everyday usage), so I´d have to make a shortcut via volume buttons. But, there´s another problem - I am unable to get into opened windows and also back button - button does not respond. Thus copying files would be kinda hard...

So I decided to buy a new one - most durable, full hd video, good camera. But I am not entirely sure which to take...

Thanks a lot.
    CompressMaster
    Please hit the "THANKS" button under my post if its useful for you.

Thanks
    Durability is not really measurable. But satisfaction rate (that included durability, too) is measurable.
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T has the highest user satisfaction rate for a currently available affordable phone.

Edit: added user satisfaction rates for your current phone and Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T. Source: Hungarian market.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lenove-a2010_vs_xiaomi_8t.png 
Views:	11 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	7733

Edit: added the same from amazon.de only for Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T. For your Lenovo it is already not available.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xiaomi_8t_amazon.de.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	7734
    Last edited by Gotty; 3rd July 2020 at 17:35.

3. Thanks:

CompressMaster (3rd July 2020)

Thanks
    Durability is testable, but the problem is that the data is not public. We have no way of knowing how durable a phone's buttons are, since we have no access to the manufacturer's test results.

Both the manufacturers and the wireless carriers conduct extensive durability testing. A good example is T-Mobile's robot "Tappy", the one Huawei tried to copy: https://www.npr.org/2019/01/29/68966...crets-says-doj

Since extensive testing is expensive and requires large teams, one inference we can make is that phones from the top two or three companies are likely to be the best tested and most durable. So Samsung and Apple.

Any phone sold in the last few years can easily record 1080p video. Most newer phones can do 4K, usually at 60 fps. I just checked cheap phones on Amazon and the BLU G6 records 1080p and costs $90 in the US. It's probably not as durable as a Samsung Galaxy S20, but flagships have gotten extremely expensive, like $1,000.
    Last edited by SolidComp; 6th July 2020 at 19:13.

5. Thanks:

Gotty (3rd July 2020)

Thanks
    SolidComp, BLU G6 is unfortunately not available around here (in Slovakia where CompressMaster resides).
    Nevertheless, I checked this phone and found that users and reviews are not really satisfied. It's screen is not HD, and it's camera seems to be low end, screen is not gorilla protected.
    It is is certainly a low budget model. I'm afraid low budget phones are not the king of durability. Why do you suggested this phone? Because of it's price?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotty View Post
    Durability is not really measurable. But satisfaction rate (that included durability, too) is measurable.
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T has the highest user satisfaction rate for a currently available affordable phone.
    Thanks, but I checked videotest in full hd and I am unsatisfied with quality. Thus I need something better - full hd video, and rugged design such as blackview.
    Please hit the "THANKS" button under my post if its useful for you.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotty View Post
    SolidComp, BLU G6 is unfortunately not available around here (in Slovakia where CompressMaster resides).
    Nevertheless, I checked this phone and found that users and reviews are not really satisfied. It's screen is not HD, and it's camera seems to be low end, screen is not gorilla protected.
    It is is certainly a low budget model. I'm afraid low budget phones are not the king of durability. Why do you suggested this phone? Because of it's price?

Yeah, because of the price. CompressMaster said he uses a Lenovo A2010, which is super cheap and only has 1 GB of RAM, and he said that he's looking for a phone that can record Full HD (1080p), so I figured he wanted something very low cost. I'm not sure what the prices are like in Slovakia, though I assume the top end prices are similar to the US – Apple and Samsung charge nearly the same price for their flagships in all countries, else there would be lots of arbitrage. $100 USD is a great price in the US, compared to $1,000+ for the latest flagships. To get the kind of quality you're implying, I guess maybe a phone would cost $200-400.

Thanks
    Aha, I see.

Yes, he will certainly need to find a balance between price vs video quality + durability. He seems to be unsatisfied with the video quality of Xiaomi 8T (It's not that bad, is it? #1 #2) ... and thinking about rugged design. To satisfy those needs it won't be cheap, clearly.

>>I guess maybe a phone would cost $200-400.
    Yes, probably that's the range. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T is 169 USD here. It's extremely good priced. Has 4K video, 4K screen, Gorilla glass. It has 4 cameras at the back. That's why I suggested it.

What's your budget, CompressMaster? Blackview phones ain't cheap.
    Are you sure you need rugged design? A normal case usually does a good job. It protects the phone when accidentally dropped - especially the lenses and the screen need protection. When it has gorilla glass it's even more solid. Protects from scratches. I believe you are afraid of a screen break. So go for a case. Rugged design is "too much" in my view.