Thread: Looking for files to test 7zip filters

Thanks

Looking for files to test 7zip filters

I'm looking for real world file/files where 7zip filters Delta/BCJ2/BCJ can be applied, actually for unusual cases where custom settings gives better ratio for example BCJ on non exec files / files where BCJ2 custom settings for streams would be good, files for delta filter (so far I encountered usable settings: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 12, 16, 24, 36), some hybrid text/binary files would be interesting too.
    PM for "licensed" files.

PS.
    I decided to merge my tools for 7z recompression and release it for public consumption...

Thanks
    you might get some info from me testing of m7repacker
    https://encode.su/threads/1201-m7zRe...ip+brute+force

Also cue/bin files can have sever benefits fomr the delta filter due to the possibilty of PCM data embedded into it

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SvenBent View Post
    Also cue/bin files can have sever benefits fomr the delta filter due to the possibilty of PCM data embedded into it
    You deal with lots of games I see, what game has thousands of wav files in it? I just finished analysis of ~10k wavs from HL2+mods...
    Do you compress game isos with m7repacker? It is not efficient for such files.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonder View Post
    You deal with lots of games I see, what game has thousands of wav files in it? I just finished analysis of ~10k wavs from HL2+mods...
    Do you compress game isos with m7repacker? It is not efficient for such files.
    Its not wave files. Its pcm data from the soundtrack.
    Civi2 is one of them. The old quake games as well

m7repacker did wonders on combined data+audio tracks and finnaly made 7zip bit winrare on these kind of files.

and yeah i have all my games on my file server it beats haven hundreds of CD cases on the wall
    that alsy why i need something with fast decompression because i dont want to wait to long when i want to play

Thanks
    I'll check those games out.

m7repacker tries lots of useless methods for iso files, you could achieve same results ~20 times faster.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonder View Post
    I'll check those games out.

m7repacker tries lots of useless methods for iso files, you could achieve same results ~20 times faster.

I agree but thats he game of brute forcing.
    I tried making athread where people could dump what optimal settings they had for certain files to find a trend to use for smarter brute forcing, and avoding unneded settings trials. But it did not pan out
    also iso and Cue/bin er not the same. Iso can't contain soundtracks or raw sectors (aka including ecc data)

maybe once i come back from my vacation and can go thrugh my backups that and find some settings data for you.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SvenBent View Post
    maybe once i come back from my vacation and can go thrugh my backups that and find some settings data for you.
    If your backups are compressed with m7repacker then that information is irrelevant, as it brute force only few random lzma settings & mix of filters and algorithms. For example delta filter settings with doubling it can have 65792(256*256+256) variations... when m7repacker will brute 8 or 16 variations, i don't remember now.