Hi all.

I need to compress 2 VMs to upload them to remote location.
VMs are Windows Server 2008 R2 with latest updates. 1st is Standard ed., 2nd - Enterprize. Files are from VMware Workstation.
The host to compress files will be 32-core 128GB RAM Xeon. Decompression will be done on 24 core 56GB RAM Xeon.
I've made archive this way: zpaq -m0 (to dedup) | srep -m3 | (nanozip -D) or (tor -16). Compression was done on old Pentium E2200 at night.
LzTurbo -39 and -49 and tor -7 gave bigger file, so i've skipped them. tor -16 used 11,6 times of nanozip to make 3,7% less archive.
Anyway, i've had already tor -16 file, it was smaller and decompression (i thought) had to be faster, so i used archive from tornado.
From 34210MB VMs zpaq made 20930MB file, then srep squeezed to 13325MB and tornado to 3735MB.
By the way: export from VMware Workstation to compressed ovf made 13570MB files (3,5 times bigger than zpaq+nanozip) and took slightly more time.
WinRAR made ~9GB archive.
So, here we go for why the topic was made.
On the reciever side (32-core 128GB RAM Xeon) decompression of tor and srep took resonable amount of time. But 64-bit zpaq took > 60 min to decompress files. On 32-core machine.
I've also tried zpaq alone with -m 4 option, it took 40 min, all 32 cores and 14GB RAM to create 4647MB file.
And the question is: is there a way to compress these VMs to <= 4GB file with pack\unpack speed >= 30 MB/s and not using temporary files?
I wanted to use shar | srep | any fast archiver capable to use 16+ cores, but shar | srep gives an error "input file is larger than file specified" (shar alone works OK). Tornado, nanozip, LzTurbo, 4x4, fazip - all of them either don't support both stdin\stdout for data or don't use all cores on pack\unpack.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.