Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 38 of 38

Thread: xeloz

  1. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    japan
    Posts
    169
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 71 Times in 44 Posts
    Thanks for testing! I tested some incompressible files, size are over 1MB.
    Decompression is failed in most cases.
    Now I don't know where is bug. Encoder or decoder or both...
    Please wait for fix.
    btw what is slugx? I found slug in LTCB. It looks very fast too.

  2. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    japan
    Posts
    169
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 71 Times in 44 Posts
    Bug fixed. And usage was corrected.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by xezz; 8th September 2014 at 17:45. Reason: bug fixed

  3. Thanks (2):

    Bulat Ziganshin (10th November 2015),Nania Francesco (12th September 2014)

  4. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    543
    Thanks
    239
    Thanked 94 Times in 74 Posts
    btw what is slugx? I found slug in LTCB.

    Code:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     Slug X (Apr  6 2009) - Copyright (c) 2009 by Christian Martelock
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    
     Syntax: sx [c|d] infile outfile
             c: compress infile to outfile
             d: decompress infile to outfile
    
             use ':' for infile/outfile to select stdin/stdout

    It´s a redesigned version of his "Slug". As i recall it uses some kind of rolz.
    Seems like all old links in forum are dead, or at least i'm not able to fin one working. But, if you want to play with it you can download it as a part of FA Powerpack...
    As i see, It has a wonderful compromise beetwen ratio and speed.

  5. #34
    Expert
    Matt Mahoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Florida, USA
    Posts
    3,257
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 797 Times in 489 Posts
    Tested xeloz on LTCB. http://mattmahoney.net/dc/text.html#2836

    Option C (upper case) crashed during decompression on both enwik8 and enwik9. I tested under Wine in 64 bit Ubuntu. Options c and c889 (max compression) worked OK.

    Edit: Silesia test was OK using c889 option. http://mattmahoney.net/dc/silesia.html
    Last edited by Matt Mahoney; 12th September 2014 at 01:09.

  6. Thanks:

    xezz (12th September 2014)

  7. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    japan
    Posts
    169
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 71 Times in 44 Posts
    Thanks! It is a minor revision for a fix and for encoding level.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  8. Thanks:

    Bulat Ziganshin (10th November 2015)

  9. #36
    Expert
    Matt Mahoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Florida, USA
    Posts
    3,257
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 797 Times in 489 Posts

  10. #37
    Member CompressMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Lovinobana, Slovakia
    Posts
    201
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Two DLLs are missing - libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll and libstdc++-6.dll. Also, program crashed with these options (maximal compression): xeloz c889 video.txt video.xeloz

    video.txt is a mp4 video converted to hexadecimal

  11. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    260
    Thanks
    148
    Thanked 56 Times in 42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CompressMaster View Post
    Two DLLs are missing - libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll and libstdc++-6.dll. Also, program crashed with these options (maximal compression): xeloz c889 video.txt video.xeloz

    video.txt is a mp4 video converted to hexadecimal
    Probably it is compiled as a shared executable rather than static.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •