Thread: How to expand .ff compressed files using Precomp & Fsum???

Thanks

Talking How to expand .ff compressed files using Precomp & Fsum???

Hi Here is my problem i have a game call of duty modern warfare which is compressed by someone to 2.49 gb instead of 5.29 gb, His name is skullptura a coded names he uses anyone must be familier with this guy,First he unpacked the zip compressed .iwd files, then compressed wav files uding oggenc, then he compressed the .ff files which im talking about to 7z sfx archives in parts to almost 500 mb then he created an fsum .sfv output of the 7z sfx files then i dont know how did he expand each file from 500mb to 1gb using precomp 0.3.7 and then created an automatic batch file which decodes the audio files, decompresses the precomp expanded files ,checksums for each sfx generated .sfv files using fsum, then decompresses the .ff files and repacks the files to .iwd files He then Packs the whole game using 7z which then compresses to 2.49gb so i want to know how did he used fsum to do thing i dont know what which generated a file .sfv and then expanded the ff files which were almost inpossible to compress coz that expansion in files increased its compression ratio to 60% from 100%...Please Help Someone coz i have lot of these kind of games and i have left a little space left on my pc so i want to compress and store the games...

Thanks
    fsum only generates a checksum so you can know quickly if the file was corrupted by a network or hardware error. It has no effect on compression.

precomp decompresses files compressed by a deflate compressor, so then it can be compressed by a much stronger compressor(Like 7z/LZMA or FreeArc). Most games don't use stronger compression than deflate because they need to access the data randomly using as little cpu as possible so the game speed is not affected.
    The difference between precomp and simply decompressing the data is that precomp can recompress the data losslessly bit-to-bit.

Thanks
    Thanks man but also tell me how to do it or the command line to do it for precomp please i have most of the games which have same problems and they consume most of the space on my pc...

Thanks
    precomp -nc input_file
    -nc tells precomp to don't compress its output with bzip2 so you can use a stronger compressor
    then use a compressor with higher compression ratio.

Note that your games won't be able to access the compressed data so it's only useful to store "backup copies " (note that using games without licence may be illegal depending on your country copyright laws) or if you want to spend time reversing the process each time you wish to play.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Manjunath View Post
    Hi Here is my problem i have a game call of duty modern warfare which is compressed by someone to 2.49 gb instead of 5.29 gb, His name is skullptura
    Well, skullptura was a quite famous guy in a "repack-scene". Actually there is no such thing as a "repack-scene", but skullptura was one of the pioneers in this area and known for his simple, batch-file-based releases.
    As far as I know, he left the scene due the fact, that repacking is dead nowadays and there are too much schoolboys in this bussiness. Like you for example.
    Honestly speaking I dont like the way he packed the CODMW. Yes, iwd files are just zip files and Single Player does not cares about the checksums. But converting WAV PCM to OGG and back means lossy processing. Its a really bad idea.
    Also its possible to pack the MP3 files. And FF files contain some multimedia resources AFAIK so you can pack different streams inside with specialized algo. Also you can tune LZMA parameters for IWI files. And so on an so on....
    But this forum its not a place for asking the questions about repack making, so probably you'll get no answer at all.

Thanks
    Thanks ggf31416 for your advice does this also recompresses 7z compressed files ?, & Skymmer i dont repack games & upload it on internet for others use well i want to compress game a bit stronger and save as much as space on my hard drive thats all and concerning skullptura i like him but not want to be like him ok R we COOL NoW!!!

Thanks
    SORRY !!! ggf31416 but your compression algorithm did not work for any versions of precomp plz tell me the version of this precomp...

Albin jijo
    Hello friends,
    I have been researching on skullptura rips. In that he uses CCM compressor. Can you tell me how to compress files using CCM ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Albin jijo View Post
    Hello friends,
    I have been researching on skullptura rips. In that he uses CCM compressor. Can you tell me how to compress files using CCM ?
    Usage: CCM [command] in out
    Commands:
    0-7 Compress using model size x (0=min, ..., 7=max).
    d Decompress input to output.
    ccm.exe 7 in.txt out.ccm

Albin jijo
    Skullputra used CCM in one of his files in game stronghold crusader .
    In that he compressed Data5.exe[119mb] (7z sfx file) into Data5.mc [44.6 mb] . How did he do that ?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10325668_538398762935844_6274758544921362068_n - Copy (2) - Copy.jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	228.3 KB 
ID:	3031 Then i used the same method to compress another game's file but nothing happened.

Thanks
    Everything works!
    ccm d Data5.mc Data5.exe = Decompress
    ccm 7 Data5.exe Data5.ccm = Compress
    Code:
    Data5.mc   46 792 338 byte
    Data5.ccm  46 293 154 byte
    ccm 3 Data5.exe Data5.ccm = 46 792 338 byte
    Last edited by kampaster; 1st July 2014 at 11:49.

Albin jijo
    I am not able to compress my another game files {size = 110 mb ] into 14 mb using CCM like skullptura . After processing 7z sfx file into ccm it is only 61.7 mb . I want to highly compress like skullptura.

Thanks
    I am not able to compress my another game
    What game?

Albin jijo
    Fifa 12 files

Thanks
    Fifa 12 files
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_12
    or
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_09
    ??
    From Skullptura isn't present repack on Fifa 12

Albin jijo
    Quote Originally Posted by kampaster View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_12
    or
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_09
    ??
    From Skullptura isn't present repack on Fifa 12
    Fifa 2012 files .
    I want to learn the method used by him.

Thanks
    From Skullptura isn't present repack on Fifa 2012
    I think that a compression method which worked at FIFA 2009, won't work at the Fifa 2012 files. Developers of game for certain changed files and a compression method.
    To each game the individual approach and. Ccm isn't universal, won't approach to all data.

Albin jijo
    From Skullptura isn't present repack on Fifa 2012
    I think that a compression method which worked at FIFA 2009, won't work at the Fifa 2012 files. Developers of game for certain changed files and a compression method.
    To each game the individual approach and. Ccm isn't universal, won't approach to all data.
    Then how to compress game files . In torrent websites many people compress games ,repack games using several methods. I asked them how to do these , which softwares they uses . But they didnt answered to my questions .
    @ kampaster
    Can you help me in compressing games ? Using which all softwares or software combinations ? Please help

Thanks
    Albin jijo
    This art!
    To each game the approach.
    It is necessary to understand as it works.
    I will suggest you to download all Full-Rips from Skullptura and to look as they work.
    And you will see that everywhere the different methods, different programs and algorithms.
    Download all its Full-Rips - let it will be for you the bible.

Albin jijo
    Albin jijo
    This art!
    To each game the approach.
    It is necessary to understand as it works.
    I will suggest you to download all Full-Rips from Skullptura and to look as they work.
    And you will see that everywhere the different methods, different programs and algorithms.
    Download all its Full-Rips - let it will be for you the bible.
    Atleast, can you suggest some good softwares like free arc , precomp to compress game files and sounds(music )

Albin jijo
    Hello Skymmer
    then how to compress 1 gb of files into 500 mb of 7z sfz files .? Please tell
    Then visit this thread also...
    http://encode.su/threads/2039-How-to...ike-SKULLPTURA

Thanks
    A quick note on "How to compress 100 MB file to 5 MB and such..." It depends on file contents. It's impossible to compress a file filled with random data, at the same time, a 100 MB file filled with zeroes can be packed to a few bytes.
    Next thing is data compression algorithm. LZMA (7-Zip default method) can be good for one type of data, PPMd (WinRAR, 7-Zip, and others) can be good for another types of data. Specialized compressors, as example, ones with multimedia filters can be very good on yet another data types...
    In other words, be careful on choosing compressor/compression method. Try a few, maxed out (7-Zip Ultra with 256+ MB dictionary, etc.)
    Usually, PAQ-like coders are the best at the cost of compression/decompression time and memory usage.
    Looks like your Skullptura empirically finds out which compressor to use... Try for yourself!