Thread: Does Any Body Have Dir2pak packer ?

Thanks

Does Any Body Have Dir2pak packer ?

hey Im new to this forum...does any body have file packer like Dir2pak (for Compression) Pak2Dir (for decompression) i dont know how does it work or how to use it or which files does it also compresses but i knew about this compressor when i found an igi 2 game compressed 1.35 gb to 176 mb i begin to research on it i decompressed manually the game and found that the audio files were compressed in a packed single file from almost 500mb to 30 mb which then automatically decompresses in the batch file ,i tried to compress the .wav audio files using oggenc from old to new one but failed please help this compression geek upload the packer here on this site if anybody have it....Thanks in Advance...I also Know some About Compression Ask me if someone need help...

Thanks
    Welcome to you,
    There is a Dirpack on SAC website, which has a good collection of old compression proggys. But may be you have searched there already...
    http://www.sac.sk/files.php?d=7&l

Thanks
    audio files were compressed in a packed single file from almost 500mb to 30 mb
    it usually means lossy compression like mp3

Thanks
    Thanks Jean but i didnt get it on SAC website, i will give u a clue as it was compressed by myth a great but old game compression geek which almost compresses games from 2.00 to 200-250 mb its a rare compressor and he packed the whole audio directory not each single file like oggenc from wav to ogg but he only put the pak2dir which decompresses it please help...Also Thanks to Bulat for his Advice...

Thanks
    Manjunath
    Give a link on downloading. "Pak2Dir"

Thanks
    i don't know kampaster i get it inside the game and it only decompresses .pak files Pak(the packed .pak file)2Dir(Directory)Dir(the directory to pack which contains the files)2Pak(file to be packed)find on the father of the internet GOOGLE Search and see if there is something on their...or if you really need it you have to download the whole game igi 2 highly compressed its just 176mb on torrent...Thanks for Reply...

Albin jijo
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulat Ziganshin View Post
    it usually means lossy compression like mp3
    how to compress like that using oggenc Bulat ? command line codes - _________ ?

Thanks
    This sounds awful like wares distribution "when i found an igi 2 game compressed 1.35 gb to 176 mb" it don't know how you "FIND" a game Legaly like that

"i tried to compress the .wav audio files using oggenc from old to new one but failed" none description of failure hard to help you on this.

"how to compress like that using oggenc" try using oggenc /? and look at the command lines

Albin jijo
    Quote Originally Posted by SvenBent View Post
    This sounds awful like wares distribution "when i found an igi 2 game compressed 1.35 gb to 176 mb" it don't know how you "FIND" a game Legaly like that

"i tried to compress the .wav audio files using oggenc from old to new one but failed" none description of failure hard to help you on this.

"how to compress like that using oggenc" try using oggenc /? and look at the command lines
    how to convert an entire directory of .wav files to .ogg ? - Which command is used ? I am still searching on google.

Albin jijo
    how to convert an entire directory of .wav files to .ogg ? - Which command is used ? I am still searching on google.

Thanks
    You can use http://www.rarewares.org/ogg-oggdropxpd.php If that's too hard to use for you then maybe ask some adult in your proximity.

Thanks
    for %i in (*.wav) do oggenc.exe <paramaters> "%i"

Albin jijo
    thanks
    Last edited by Albin jijo; 6th September 2014 at 08:57.

Albin jijo
    how did he compress files of game into small 7z sfx files. If anyone know that please tell.
    Last edited by Albin jijo; 7th September 2014 at 11:39.

Thanks
    He just packed it using Winrar Sfx older version and set a command that opens the Batch file after the extraction of SFX is over!!!!
    BTW its old now Search for how to repack games? on google and you will find intersting stuff, ask if need help with it.....