Well, looks like we are in huge stagnation of PC hardware.

Upcoming Intel Core i7 4770K, according to specs, is just the same as 3770K or even 2700K. Probably 5% or less CPU performance gain. Yep, notable stronger iGPU, but again, I doubt I can play Battlefield 3 on it. Sad story.
As both 2700K and 3770K owner I see just a little difference - mainly 3770K has a better RAM management and is faster for about 200 MHz (on clock-per-clock basis) than 2700K. Notable stronger iGPU, yes, but with Z77 MoBos 2700K performs quite well too. (Intel cheaters!) I just compared same 2700K CPU on a few Z68, Z77 and H77 motherboards - they just did some chipset-based stuff and even same Sandy Bridge's iGPU is able to perform notable better. But anyway, the best game I can play on overclocked Ivy Bridge's 3770K iGPU is Unreal Tournament 3. Battlefield 2 at the settings I want (High, 1920x1200) is a slideshow!
As to overclocking, at least my 3770K is not that bad as expected: 4.7+ GHz stable on average air cooler is really nice. 4.7 is at least 4.9 GHz of 2700K. Yes, my 2700K was able to reach 5.3 GHz, but on water. Very soon I'll upgrade myself to Corsair H80i and that will be a fair comparison. Yes, better memory management means much higher freqs of RAM supported, but again ~1900 MHz is enough, so anyways.

Really sad...

I just need a proper video card and I may forget about upgrading for years. Tablets and Smartphones just destroyed PC market very quick! God damn! I'm writing this post via iPad...