Thread: Corsair SP120 vs GentleTyphoon 1850rpm

Thanks

Exclamation Corsair SP120 vs GentleTyphoon 1850rpm

My fan comparison:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOByLEBHSDs

GentleTyphoon is still the best fan of all time!

Be careful, YouTube staff tried to hide this video from public making it private!!! - to not harm the Corsair sales... CENSORSHIP!

Thanks
    I am planning to buy a new PC in a month or two (depending on when the new Piledriver-based FX processor will come out) and I'm considering Corsair H80 and Corsair H70 as cooling solutions. Did you test H80 with both stock fans attached? I'm curious if they are good at low and maybe medium speeds. If not, then buying H70 version and custom fans would be a better solution. I would probably overclock the CPU a little. And, did you change the thermal grease?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Piotr Tarsa View Post
    I am planning to buy a new PC in a month or two (depending on when the new Piledriver-based FX processor will come out) and I'm considering Corsair H80 and Corsair H70 as cooling solutions. Did you test H80 with both stock fans attached? I'm curious if they are good at low and maybe medium speeds. If not, then buying H70 version and custom fans would be a better solution. I would probably overclock the CPU a little. And, did you change the thermal grease?
    Corsair H80's fans are OK, but noisy and are cheap as hell, compared to Gentle Typhoon's built quality. The fans doesn't play such a huge role, as it may look at the first sight. If you ask for the ultimate performance, check 120x38mm fans with 3000+ rpm speed, like Scythe Ultra Kaze, but such fans are really noisy, even at lowest rpm (clicking and other disturbing noise). So, GTs are really the best, they provide really high static pressure, surprisingly beating all other power fans, like Akasa Viper and such. I personally have a pretty large collection of fans (20+ top fans) and both H80 and H60. Get H80/H70 and Gentle Typhoons 1850 rpm. Push/Pull is better than just Push or Pull. You should test at your own!
    Default thermal grease of H60/H80 is crap! Use Arctic Silver 5 and only!