Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Help decompressing/compresing "game.bin.z" file from Wii VC game

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Help decompressing/compresing "game.bin.z" file from Wii VC game

    Hello!!!
    This project its about to decompress and then compress again a file from a Virtual Console game (wii)
    The file come from the last Virtual Console NEOGEO game realised last tuestday (Metal Slug 3)
    The purpouse is repack the file with another unrealised game (is called "injection") as i did timeee ago.




    I did a very similar request with the same file name. On this website -->(http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?t=4906)


    (last time it was used "Simplyzip" with option "External progs"-->Zlib (pack/unpack) or Xpert 2.0 tool decompres/compress it) An "extrange" type of zlib compression




    Now It has just appear a new compression type (for me) and im not able to decompress it.


    Information:


    -File name game.bin.z
    -Size 35.732.788bytes
    -Start with "header" 43 52 .. .. ..





    -End with:





    -Suppose:

    *-Supposed extracted size 93.192.256 bytes (the sum of header+game file+bios)


    *-The result of file extraction allways was a single file, for instance i suppose it will be the sema.
    If not, it could have:
    Header: 64bytes (used to be)
    M file:524.288 bytes (original neogeo game file)
    S file:262.144 bytes (original neogeo game file)
    V file(s):16.777.216 byte (original neogeo game file)
    C file(s):67.108.864 bytes (modified original neogeo game file )
    P file(s):8.388.608 bytes (modified original neogeo game file)
    Bios: 131.072 bytes (a special bios for this purpose) "similar" to a regular neogeo bios


    *-The old extructure of the extracted file used to be: (the file we want to obtain)
    *Header (64bytes) with a list of file sizes or offset where they start (depends on versions)
    *Game files (all joined one after another, thats the reason of the header)
    *Bios (131.072 bytes), on lastest version not necesary at the end of the file


    -Original file: (34Mb aprox)
    http://uppit.com/4mg45xu0gc37/game.bin.z




    -Split first 2MB
    http://uppit.com/izo0oe2gy5sp/(Ini_file)game.bin.z


    -Split last 2Mb
    http://uppit.com/d8akec1as03u/(end_file)game.bin.z




    Thanks in advance

    PD:Im DESPERATEEEE!!

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Acording with file header, "43 52 30 30" it could be variant of CRUSH compression. "cr00"


    CRUSH compression as description : "Powerful LZ featuring extremely fast decompression" (LZ77)


    Moreover, nintendo used many times diferents LZ compresion types.


    Font:



    Unfortunately, compression rate is unbelievable... supossed 90Mb -->became -->36Mb compressed.


    Anyone could help on this project???


    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by srcorsario; 23rd April 2012 at 22:23.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    NewSSsss

    I have good news... The original "rom" from mslug 3 is encrypted, for this reason compressor programs cant get a good ratio... AFTER decrypt them (S file and C files) the compression rate (with a LZ compressor or winrar) is very similar to our game.bin.z Thats a good new


  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I tried with quickbms "comtype_scan2.bat"/"comtype_scan2.bms" but didnt get a good reasold :'(



    Any suggestion?


    Pleeeeeeaseeee!!!
    Last edited by srcorsario; 23rd April 2012 at 22:31.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Kraków, Poland
    Posts
    1,497
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 132 Times in 102 Posts
    I've never done repacks (let alone Wii repacks) so I can't help, but I sincerely doubt encode's crush is involved in the process. Otherwise encode would inform us

  6. #6
    Administrator Shelwien's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kharkov, Ukraine
    Posts
    3,982
    Thanks
    298
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 745 Posts
    Resource formats are normally reverse-engineered from program code, not directly from resource files.
    Its just too easy to add custom tweaks or encryption, so external tools only work if developers are really lazy.
    Also I don't think that we have any Wii hackers here, so your best bet may be http://asmodean.reverse.net/

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ok, thanks for answering and giving me some place where to ask.

Similar Threads

  1. "Extreme" compression of DNS domains
    By nickety in forum Data Compression
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 22nd October 2011, 01:20
  2. File "Type" identification tool
    By soor in forum Data Compression
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 6th June 2011, 04:04
  3. PAQ8 C++ precedence bug (or "-Wparentheses is annoying")
    By Rugxulo in forum Data Compression
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 21st August 2009, 20:36
  4. LZ77 speed optimization, 2 mem accesses per "round"
    By Lasse Reinhold in forum Forum Archive
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11th June 2007, 21:53
  5. Freeware "Send To" interface for CCM and QUAD
    By LovePimple in forum Forum Archive
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 20th March 2007, 17:22

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •