Thread: PeaZip 2.2

Thanks

PeaZip 2.2

Hello everyone,

jfyi, today PeaZip 2.2 will be released. It's listed at sf.net/new but still no files or news to read.

Edit: Now the news are online and files ready to download.

Release 2.2 sees the long awaited introduction of UTF-8 support, to help handling filenames with extended characters ans allow localization of the user inteface text. Translations now available are English and Italian, hopefully more will come with the help of the community: you can mail me localized language file to be included in future updates, see "Translations" chapter in documentation (or ask on the forum) if you are willing to contribute your translation. User experience was also improved, adding bookmarks, making the address bar editable, improving PeaLauncher, introducing the new NuoveXT theme and many other fixes and improvements. Under the hood, crypto libraries in use were updated, p7zip 4.48 is now supported on Linux, UPX was updated to 3.03 and it was added support for the highly efficient BALZ compression format, to a total of 72 file extensions supported by PeaZip 2.2.
    Edit two:

I'm willing to make translation for german. As for FA it would be nice to have some partner

Best regards!
    Last edited by Vacon; 12th August 2008 at 10:08.

Thanks
    Hi, sorry for the delay, I was housekeeping PeaZip's tracker issues and forum, but as Vacon said PeaZip 2.2 is now available for download.

I completed the translation mechanism aiming to keep, hopefully, the work for translators as simple as possible (and as reusable as possible in future releases of the program unitil a newer translation is deployed).

You can see peazip_help's Translations chapter or the documentation included in peazip-2.2.translations.zip package:
    http://downloads.sourceforge.net/pea...se_mirror=osdn

Current PeaZip release contains only English and Italian localizations, and I would be very glad to be able to include many more localizations in a future update (temporary, contributed translation would be published in "PeaZip resources" group and can be copied by hand in peazipdirectory/res/lang)

Thanks
    Thanks a lot!

Thanks

Thumbs up

Thanks Giorgio, Vacon!

Thanks
    @vacon:
    ---
    I'm willing to make translation for german
    ... it would be nice to have some partner
    ---

may be i can help "translation for german"

but how - what can i do ?

Best regards

Thanks
    Hello everyone,

may be i can help "translation for german"
    It would be my pleasure

but how - what can i do ?
    I already have begun translating. Round about a third is done (hopefully...)
    If you like I can send it to you by eMail (34 kB uncompressed .txt file, at your option in virtually any compressed format ). Just give a sign here (maybe PM for your adres if you refuse to make it visible for all readers and robots, but please with a little hint because I don't log-in on a regular basis)

Best regards!

Thanks
    Thank you very much for the translation!

Thanks
    Read my PM!

Thanks
    Hello everyone,

I don't know the reason, but there had been some obstacles that led to some delay... (I really would like to know them!)
    I made some more progress with translating PeaZip and am now in the position to release at least the first part (to be more precise: almost anything after
    === PeaLauncher text group ===
    isn't translated until now. Maybe someone with ambition is willing to take it...?
    JangoFat...?
    I'm quite busy at the moment. If nothing happens, I'm going on nextsunday, after that my next option is next thursday

Best regards!

Thanks
    Hello everyone,

finally done...
    Since it has been a one-man-show be patient with me and have a deep look into it (don't bother to correct me)
    I will also upload it to PeaZip's patches on sf.net.
    Edit:
    First revision (some typos erased)

Best regards!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Vacon; 24th August 2008 at 19:20.

Thanks
    Hi, Vacon, thank you very much for the German translation!

I've replied to your entry on PeaZip tracker: as for I can see the language file works fine, but I've only one question: "Hinzuf?gen" is used to translate both "Add" and "Add file", would it be better in German to specify "Datei hinzuf?gen"?

I don't speak German, so I apologyze if it is not a good correction, but seeing the same text on the two button of file browser's toolbar make me wonder if in German it was more appropriate to use "Datei hinzuf?gen".

About text size, in next revision I'll make the toolbar buttons longer (100px) to fit better the text; I could even consider to use variable sized buttons on the toolbar if the problem still exists.

Thanks
    Hello everyone,

you are right...
    Funny a non-native speaker gives more feedback than other germans (<- none so far...)
    I've overlooked that. Sorry!

I could even consider to use variable sized buttons on the toolbar if the problem still exists.
    I think that's the best alternative, because that would be fine for any language (consider for instance a four character word in another language in larger buttons) But I don't know the efforts you have to make for either.

Best regards!
    Attached Files Attached Files