Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Addition of "thanks" button

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    115
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Wink Addition of "thanks" button

    encode, can you please add a "thanks" button for posts? It will be especially useful for LovePimple
    I've seen such feature on some forums.

  2. #2
    The Founder encode's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    3,981
    Thanks
    377
    Thanked 350 Times in 138 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IsName View Post
    encode, can you please add a "thanks" button for posts? It will be especially useful for LovePimple
    I've seen such feature on some forums.
    I personally don't like such feature. We are small community, better if each time we will read words like "Thank you"! Instead of the count of "thanks" - really stupid thing! I wanna say Thank you again to all readers of the forum!
    Imagine:
    Number of thanks: 3

  3. #3
    Moderator

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tristan da Cunha
    Posts
    2,034
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Thank you for your suggestion IsName, but I agree with Ilia on this one. I prefer to thank the members of the forum for their hard work and kindness in the traditional manor.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    239
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
    I'd prefer to see something like "Thanks!" button feature. Today we have no opportunity to show our gratitude without "upping" topic. And i personally don't like visiting topics and reading "Thank you!" replies only.
    Anyway, thank you!

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    115
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by encode View Post
    I personally don't like such feature. We are small community, better if each time we will read words like "Thank you"! Instead of the count of "thanks" - really stupid thing! I wanna say Thank you again to all readers of the forum!
    Imagine:
    Number of thanks: 3
    No. Imagine:
    Uner the message, there's a line:
    Users xxx,yyy,zzz said thanks to author of this message

  6. #6
    The Founder encode's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    3,981
    Thanks
    377
    Thanked 350 Times in 138 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IsName View Post
    No. Imagine:
    Uner the message, there's a line:
    Users xxx,yyy,zzz said thanks to author of this message


    If our forum will welcome at least 100,000 active members...

Similar Threads

  1. The lie of "The world is a globe"
    By Vacon in forum The Off-Topic Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14th December 2009, 15:58
  2. PAQ8 C++ precedence bug (or "-Wparentheses is annoying")
    By Rugxulo in forum Data Compression
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 21st August 2009, 20:36
  3. Edgesounds "rathole"
    By maadjordan in forum Data Compression
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 8th October 2008, 08:28
  4. LZ77 speed optimization, 2 mem accesses per "round"
    By Lasse Reinhold in forum Forum Archive
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11th June 2007, 21:53
  5. Freeware "Send To" interface for CCM and QUAD
    By LovePimple in forum Forum Archive
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 20th March 2007, 17:22

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •